A LitFire employee began calling a few months back claiming that a book scout noticed and highly-recommend a book we already have been self-publishing and selling (for years). He left his name, with no company affiliation, and stated that he wanted to talk to us about taking our book, under their company, to a big publishers convention next spring. This employee named himself and left a phone number and extension.

We didn't return his call.

This didn't stop his enthusiasm. He continued to call, pretty much, daily. Sometimes twice a day. I once answered and told him that we had received his message and that IF WE WERE INTERESTED we would CALL HIM. (hint, hint). Less than a week later, the calls resumed - pretty much daily, sometimes twice a day. Finally, after almost three months, he left a company name - LITFIRE PUBLISHING.

So I went hunting and found many a such complaint and I noticed that folks aren't comfortable with this company. Well, we certainly won't be dealing with them. They should "get a clue" and STOP CALLING. In my humble opinion, no legitimate publisher will HARASS people via cold calls. So, fellow authors BEWARE and BE AWARE.

Thank you, Victoria Strauss.

Sincerely,

A fellow author and family

Who are SO TIRED of the ***, seemingly endless --- and unreturned --- phone calls and messages.

Reason of review: Other issue.

Had an Experience with Litfire Publishing?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion